let it snow...flake

pattern busyness for Christmas

Things are getting rather Christmas-ey around here ... including a new crochet pattern which is almost ready to launch!


It's called "Let it Snow...flake" and I'm quite excited about it!

This year I wanted to create a snowflake centrepiece for our table, the same table where everyone gathers to eat roast turkey, mince pies and gingerbread on Christmas Day. I've spent a couple of months  trying out lots of different shapes for the snowflake.  
I began to have sympathy for Goldilocks ... too square, too open, too small, too fiddly ...



 Being on the dining table and being used by the whole family, the snowflake has to be able to stand up to being "man" handled and be able to look good without blocking - as it just might need to be washed frequently 😉


It's easily made in under two hours so I grabbed the chance to play with an ombre-look snowflake for my son's girlfriend / my "daughter-by-another-mother". She likes purple, she really does ... and now I want one too!


There will also be a little giveaway to launch the new pattern, so stay tuned!

Happy making,
Kellie
xo














2 comments

  1. These are beautiful!! So elegant, they will look amazing on your table!! I love the different colors! You are so talented and creative to design these. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for popping in Kathleen, Christmas is such a good excuse to make bigger and sparklier EVERYTHING!! Thank you for the Thanksgiving wishes, I hope your Thanksgiving is full of special people x

      Delete

© Sew Mimi.K

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig