crochet-along blanket sewing and organising


square #10 and putting them all together

I bet you've been thinking the same ... where has the time gone? It doesn't seem that long ago that I was crocheting up square number 1 in the casual granny crochet-along.


... and here we are already making square number 10  , the Basic Granny Square.


If you've been following along with the crochet-along by Mandy of REDAGAPE you will probably be like me and be enjoying some quality crochet time making up squares ...


... and of course putting those beautiful squares together. 
Though Mandy is providing instructions for crocheting the squares together, I've decided to sew mine together using a darning needle, a sprinkle of pixie dust and a truckload of time. 
(sorry, thoughts of Christmas send me all sparkly.)


As I've chosen to make every square different to the next, I've had all the squares spread over a spare bed. I've been arranging, rearranging, then re-rearranging them to see how best to arrange them. Little tags have reminded me what rows and colours I wanted in the spaces.


{Why is my Christmas tree up when it's only the beginning of November? Because it takes me ages to rearrange the lights and the decorations until I'm happy. Do we see a pattern here?😉}


Doesn't a different colour choice make a big difference in how the block looks. It's part of the magic of "making".


All the patterns for this sampler blanket and even more crochet patterns are available here on the REDAGAPE blog. 


I did some yarn shopping in the REDAGAPE shop recently to give a home to some MoYa 100% cotton yarn . Some of it has gone into the granny blanket and some? ... just because.


When the squares are all securely in place, it will be time to work on the border. I'm currently thinking an old fashioned, filet crochet, scallop-y type of thing. Hmm .....

Happy crafting until next time,
Kellie
xo  






No comments

Post a Comment

© Sew Mimi.K

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig