Granny squares 7, 8 and 9

Casual Granny Crochet-Along WIP

I've got three different, beautiful squares to show you in my blog post today. It's all about squares 7, 8 and 9 for the blanket I'm making in REDAGAPE's Casual Granny Crochet-Along.




With only one more different square design left to come in the crochet-along my rug is looking more like a blanket and less like a placemat. I'm sure these squares will pop up in my future projects as they are so pretty, like everything REDAGAPE's Mandy O'Sullivan designs.
Square number 7 is the Modern Granny Square. It works up quickly but still gives loads of opportunity to play around with colours to take on a different personality.  




The Happy Hippy Granny Square is square number 8. I'm finding that as I start to join squares together, I want some squares to be colourful and eye-catching,



and at other times I want squares which are quieter and give a space where the eye can rest.


The Mandala Granny Square is square number 9. I was excited to discover the Mandala granny has extra texture. Though I've been crocheting since before dinosaurs roamed the Earth, it was only last year that I began playing around with raised crochet stitches. I really love how they give an opportunity to add a whole other layer of interest to a crocheted piece.  




There's so much eye candy to see on the Instagram board Casual Granny Crochet-Along . It's inspiring to see all the different yarn colour choices.

Thank you for reading along with me today,
happy crafting,
Kellie
xo

2 comments

  1. Such a beautiful garden of granny squares you are growing there Kellie! Megan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Megan :) Granny flowers are good bloomers! xo

    ReplyDelete

© Sew Mimi.K

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig